The Trinpy Site is offered to users as a platform to Designs that can be purchased, downloaded and printed on 3D printers to create physical objects. This Site is owned and maintained by Trinpy Pty Ltd (ABN 18 605 207 109).
Trinpy is committed to respecting the privacy of personal information in line with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). In hosting this Site, Trinpy collects and handles personal information. The following explains how Trinpy deals with personal information.
- Types of personal information we collect
In hosting the Site, Trinpy collects personal information from users. The nature and extent of personal information that Trinpy collects varies depending on the level of each user’s interaction with the Site.
The types of personal information that may be collected from you as a user of the Site include name, contact details, date of birth, transaction details, and royalty fees that have been paid to a user (only a user’s registered name will be disclosed in relation to the royalty fee information).
Please note, certain information, statements, data and content that users post to the Site may reveal their gender, ethnic origin, nationality, age, opinions and/or other personal information. You acknowledge and agree that your submission of such information is voluntary on your part.
- How personal information is collected and held
Trinpy collects personal information direct from users (through the registration process on this website).
Trinpy collects user email addresses, their names and usernames upon registration to the Site. Users only have to register on the Site if they want to download files. Users do not need to register on the Site just to browse.
Trinpy collects user information in order to personalise the Site for them, to improve the Site and the customer experience, and to administer promotions, competitions and/or surveys. Users are able to change their personal information in the account settings section on the site.
Trinpy does not store users’ sensitive private information. Instead Trinpy uses a third party gateway provider (such as PayPal) to complete transactions.
Trinpy primarily holds personal information electronically, but may also hold that information in hard copy form, at Trinpy’s owned premises or place of business.
- Purpose for handling personal information
Trinpy collects and handles personal information for the purpose of hosting, maintaining, improving and personalising the Site. This includes the following functions and activities:
- delivering products and services requested by you and other users;
- providing you with further information about the products, services, benefits and promotions available through the Site;
- managing the royalty fees payable to a user by reference to the popularity of models. The exact share of revenue is determined by a proprietary algorithm owned by Trinpy ;
- to personalise and customise your experiences with the Site;
- to verify your identity;
- to maintain and update records relating to your membership and account details of the Site; and
- to deal with your enquiries relating to the Site.
- Direct Marketing
Trinpy may email users occasionally for marketing purposes. Trinpy does not sell your personal information to third parties.
- Other disclosures of your personal information
In hosting and maintaining the Site, we may need to disclose personal information to third parties including:
- Third party contractors and website hosting partners engaged to provide technical services (so long as these parties agree to keep your information confidential);
- Professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Persons authorised by you to receive information held by us; and
- Any persons as required or permitted to comply with the law, or to enforce our Site policies or to protect our or other’s rights, property or safety.
Non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for advertising, marketing or other uses. Trinpy otherwise does not sell, trade or otherwise transfer any personally identifiable information.
Trinpy may send personal information overseas, but only to trusted third party providers that have undertaken and agreed to keep the information confidential.
- Security of personal information
Trinpy implements a range of measures to protect the security of personal information. Trinpy also takes measures to destroy or de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any lawful purpose.
Users can remove their Design at any time by deleting their account.
- Access to, correction to and feedback on personal information
As a user, you can access and make changes to your personal information at any time by logging onto your online Trinpy account.
If you have any feedback or concerns about privacy, please contact us in writing. We treat all complaints seriously and intend to resolve your complaint within a reasonable timeframe, usually 14 days or otherwise as soon as practical (in some complex cases, resolution may take longer).
Please address all of your privacy related queries here to the following attention:
Attention: Privacy Officer
Trinpy Pty Ltd